Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can – there are two different options:
1. Choose Your Own mixed case of 12. Choose any combination of bottled ales (Exmoor Gold, Stag, Beast, and Exmoor Ale), Exmoor Cider, or tulip pint glasses.
2. Sampler Case of 12 which includes three each of our four bottled beers, Exmoor Ale, Gold, Stag, and Beast.
A polypin is a large bag in box of real ale you can enjoy at home – ideal for parties and special occasions. 10 or 20 litre draft ale polypins are available, choose from any of our Classic range of ales or call the brewery to check the availability of our Seasonal beers.
Note: We need 3 working days notice for a polypin, they’re filled to order.
Once the beer is settled, consume it within five days. However, the beer can last much longer, up to 2 weeks.
Read about preparing and storing draught products to keep your beer at its best.
Postage, packing and VAT are included in the product price for items going to any mainland England and Scotland address, excluding the Highlands. Due to courier fees, we must charge extra for islands, the Highlands, and Northern Ireland. Items going to these areas are charged a flat rate of £10 for postage and packing.
The option of a Saturday delivery is no longer available. Couriers have struggled to reliably fulfil Saturday deliveries.
Yes, all orders from our webshop must be signed for. Orders that contain alcohol must be accepted by someone 18 or over.
If you may not be home you can do one of two things when you checkout:
- Deliver to a place where you know someone will be in, such as your place of work. Select the option to ‘Deliver to a different address’
- Or, enter a neighbour’s first or surname and house number or house name in the ‘Order Notes’ field.
We only are allowed 30 characters by the courier for this field. The neighbour must be on the same road.
Orders normally take between 3 – 5 business days when placed by midday on Thursday. Orders are not packed Friday – Sunday to ensure the freshness of our products.
If your order has not been delivered within a week, we can track the order for you. Email us your name and the order number at the top of the invoice you received by email.
We now use the courier DX for online shop deliveries.
Note: We have switched from DPD due to poor package handling and inability to meet demand over the Christmas period. DX does not have a tracking app, but they have been excellent with timely delivery.
We do not offer shipping outside the UK through our website. If you’d like us to ship outside the UK, email us your information and we can arrange a quote.
Yes, VAT is already included in the price of all products in the shop.
Yes. There’s an option for a card and space to write who the gift is from during the checkout process in the webshop
This changes from day-to-day so we aren’t able to give a definitive list. Our ales are served in pubs and restaurants all over the country, but predominantly in the South West.
- Tear off the perforated section from the box to reveal the tap.
- Stand your Polypin upright (tap side upwards) and open the tap to allow any excess gas to escape.
- Close the tap, place the polypin on its side (tap side in the position you’ll be serving from) and allow to settle in a cool place for 12 hours, after that your polypin will be good to go!
- For best results, store in a cool place out of direct sunlight at 8-12c.
- Once settled avoid moving or disturbing your polypin. To ensure freshness, it’s best consumed within 5 days of opening. In ideal storage conditions a polypin can last 2 weeks unopened*.
- If the polypin has inflated, don’t worry, you simply need to vent it to release the excess gas.
- To vent, turn the polypin so the tap is no longer submerged in liquid, and open it, releasing the gas gently until the polypin regains it’s normal shape. As this procedure may have disturbed any sediment, you may wish to let it settle again for a few hours before continuing to serve.
*Remember to check the polypin and vent regularly if required.
If you already have an account with Exmoor Ales you can order online and pay in the usual way. Go to our Publican Account Orders page.
Yes, all products sold on this website can be purchased in person at the brewery.* Hours are between 10am – 4pm, Monday – Friday.
See the map on our contact page for directions.
* Mini kegs and polypins take time to prepare, please ring the office ahead of time if you would like to pick one up from our brewery shop 01984 623798.
This is something we would love to be able to offer in the future. However, at present due to health and safety reasons, we are unable to offer tours around the brewery.
We don’t currently have a dedicated tap room.