Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can – there are four different options:
1. Choose Your Own 12 mixed case. Choose any combination of bottled ales (Exmoor Gold, Stag, Beast, and Exmoor Ale), Exmoor Cider, and tulip pint glasses.
2. Sampler Case of 12 which includes three each of our four bottled beers, Exmoor Gold, Stag, Beast, and Exmoor Ale.
3. Mixed Case of 16 which gives you a choice of any two pre-packed bottles of eight beers.
4. Mixed Case of 24. This gives you a choice of any three pre-packed bottles of eight beers
Postage, packing and VAT are included in the product price for items going to any mainland UK address excluding the Highlands. Due to courier fees, we must charge extra for islands and the Highlands. Items going to these areas are charged a flat rate of £10 for postage and packing.
A £10 fee is charged for Saturday delivery.
Orders normally take between 3 – 5 business days when placed by midday on Thursday. Orders are not packed Friday – Sunday to ensure the freshness of our products.
Our shipping rates include the option to pay for Saturday delivery.
Note: During the current lockdown, normal delivery time is slightly less predictable. Orders have mostly been arriving in the expected time period.
We do not offer shipping outside the UK through our website. If you’d like us to ship outside the UK, email us your information and we can arrange a quote.
Yes, VAT is already included in the price of all products in the shop.
Yes. There’s an option for a card and space to write who the gift is from during the checkout process in the webshop
This changes from day-to-day so we aren’t able to give a definitive list. Our ales are served in pubs and restaurants all over the country, but predominantly in the South West.
A polypin is a large bag in box of real ale you can enjoy at home – ideal for parties and special occasions. 10 or 20 litre draft ale polypins are available, choose from any of our Classic range of ales or call the brewery to check the availability of our Seasonal beers.
Note: We need 3 working days notice for a polypin, they’re filled to order.
- Tear off the perforated section from the box to reveal the tap.
- Stand your Polypin upright (tap side upwards) and open the tap to allow any excess gas to escape.
- Close the tap, place the polypin on its side (tap side in the position you’ll be serving from) and allow to settle in a cool place for 12 hours, after that your polypin will be good to go!
- For best results, store in a cool place out of direct sunlight at 8-12c.
- Once settled avoid moving or disturbing your polypin. To ensure freshness, it’s best consumed within 5 days of opening. In ideal storage conditions a polypin can last 2 weeks unopened*.
- If the polypin has inflated, don’t worry, you simply need to vent it to release the excess gas.
- To vent, turn the polypin so the tap is no longer submerged in liquid, and open it, releasing the gas gently until the polypin regains it’s normal shape. As this procedure may have disturbed any sediment, you may wish to let it settle again for a few hours before continuing to serve.
*Remember to check the polypin and vent regularly if required.
If you already have an account with Exmoor Ales you can order online and pay in the usual way. Go to our Publican Account Orders page.
Yes, all products sold on this website can be purchased in person at the brewery. Hours are between 10am – 4pm, Monday – Friday. See the map on our contact page for directions.
This is something we would love to be able to offer in the future. However, at present due to health and safety reasons, we are unable to offer tours around the brewery.
Even though we do not currently have a dedicated tap room where we can showcase our excellent ales, this is something we are currently working to put in place – so watch this space!